Job Title: Deputy Manager
Position Type: Full-time
About the setting:
Our client is a warm and welcoming childcare centre, committed to providing a nurturing and stimulating environment for children to learn, grow, and develop. They are dedicated to delivering high-quality care and early childhood education. As they continue to expand their services and reputation, they are seeking a passionate and experienced Deputy Manager to join their team and help them maintain their exceptional standards of care and education.
As the Deputy Manager, you will play a crucial role in the daily operations and management of the nursery. You will work closely with the Nursery Manager to ensure the smooth running of the facility, maintain high standards of care, and provide support and guidance to the staff. This position requires a strong commitment to the well-being and development of young children, exceptional leadership skills, and a deep understanding of early childhood education.
1. Support Nursery Manager: Collaborate with the Nursery Manager in the overall management and administration of the nursery, including planning, organizing, and supervising daily activities.
2. Staff Management: Assist in recruiting, training, and supervising nursery staff, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment. Provide ongoing support and professional development opportunities for staff.
3. Curriculum Development: Contribute to the development and implementation of age-appropriate, play-based, and educational programs that align with current early childhood education standards.
4. Child Care: Ensure the safety, well-being, and development of each child in our care, maintaining a caring and supportive environment.
5. Parent Communication: Build and maintain strong relationships with parents, providing updates on their child's progress and addressing any concerns or questions.
6. Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that the nursery adheres to all local and national regulations and maintains the highest standards of health, safety, and hygiene.
7. Record-Keeping: Maintain accurate records, including attendance, incident reports, and child development assessments.
8. Health and Safety: Oversee health and safety protocols, conducting regular inspections, and ensuring the facility is a safe and secure environment for children.
9. Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation in nursery operations, programs, and services.
• Have, or be willing to work towards, an SCQF Level 9 or a Bachelor's degree in Childhood Studies or a related field.
• Sound knowledge of Curriculum for Excellence and Realising the Ambition.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work effectively in a team and lead by example.
• Up-to-date knowledge of relevant regulations and frameworks.
• First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain).
• Positive attitude and a genuine passion for working with children.
• Competitive salary
• Professional development opportunities
• Supportive and collaborative work environment
• Opportunities for career growth and advancement
If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic early childhood education professional with a strong commitment to the well-being and education of children, we encourage you to apply for this position of Deputy Manager. If you are interested in this Full Time Deputy Manager Job in Stirlingshire, please apply now.