Rated Good by Ofsted, this nursery provides Early Years education and childcare to children from birth to 5 years old. You can find us in Romford, close to Chadwell Heath station. We're a light, spacious nursery, with separate rooms and gardens for different age groups. Our long-standing staff believe the key to learning is variety and every day is different! The children enjoy dialogic reading, woodwork, cooking, yoga, spotting wildlife at the local farm and climbing trees at Hainault Park. Families join in with tea parties and world cuisine tasting days. We also have a food bank for those in need of additional support.
You'll manage a team in your room to create and plan daily activities to engage and teach the children. You'll also work closely with the management team and parents building great relationships and practice.
What we can offer you (benefits):
- Lots of training, promotions and a good salary for the sector
- Flexible working contract choices - full-time, part-time (3 days, AM or PM shifts)
- Generous pension at 7% fromus (1% from you)
- 70% discount on childcare fees
- Up to 35 days off a year, including 8 bank holidays, 3 days off between Christmas and New Year, and your birthday (pro-rated for part-time hours)
- Sector-leading parental leave
- Many other benefits that take care of you, including access to the Headspace app, shopping discounts, annual conference and money for team celebrations
What we need from you:
• Level 3 qualification in childcare or higher
• Passion to deliver outstanding childcare
• Ability to work within a team
• Broad knowledge of EYFS and safeguarding
Your duties will include:
• Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education
• Ensure the learning environment provides consistent stimulation and engaging activities for the children, across both the indoor and outdoor areas
• Deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care, to help all children to develop and meet their individual milestones
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with colleagues, parents and/or carers, as well as other professionals, to meet the individual needs of each child
• Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are followed at all times
• Work with colleagues to maintain a positive, happy and safe environment on a day to day basis If you are interested in this Full Time Head of Room Job in Essex, please apply now.