This setting based in St Albans are looking to hire an Early Years Practitioner/Early Years Assistant.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic nursery practitioner to join our amazing, friendly team. If you have a passion for childcare and a desire to nurture young children
The successful candidate will ideally hold a Level 3 qualification but training will be provided for the right candidate.
They can offer full time or part time
Hours and Days: 8am to 6pm 4 or 5 days a week
Hours and Days: 12pm or 2pm to 6pm 4 or 5 days per week
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £16,323.84 pa (afternoons only) and for full time £21,060 gross per annum depending on qualifications
1. To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children placed in the Day Nursery.
2. To provide for children's holistic development through the provision of an environment which fosters self-esteem and autonomy.
3. To implement the daily routine in the base room under the supervision of the Room Leader.
4. To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum by taking an active part in the planning (once trained).
5. To support children's learning and development.
6. To work alongside the Principal and her Management team in supporting the ethos of the Nursery at all times.
1. To operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of the children attending the Nursery, in conjunction with the Room Leader.
2. To prepare the children's developmental records and update these on a regular basis, monitor progression and incorporate next steps for learning through observation and assessment.
3. To work in partnership with parents, guardians and other family members.
4. To implement Individual Education Plans under the direction of the SENCO and Room Leader.
5. To work alongside parents of children with special educational needs to achieve full integration within the Nursery.
6. To implement the Keyworker system at all times and mentor practitioners whom are not familiar with this system.
7. To attend staff meetings and training sessions outside of usual working hours in order to promote good practice.
8. To implement Nursery policy and procedure at all times and ensure behaviour management strategies are implemented in a positive way.
9. To assess health and safety hazards on a daily basis and inform the Line Manager or the Management team of any immediate danger.
10. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
11. To undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery eg preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment.
12. To consistently promote inclusion, equality and diversity in professional practice.
13. To work in partnership with the Principal and her Management team in supporting the philosophy and ethos of the Nursery. If you are interested in this Part Time Nursery Assistant Job in Hertfordshire, please apply now.