This setting is situated in the heart of the affluent area of St Albans (close to the train station) and has been established for over 25 years. They are a private, family-orientated, friendly nursery where their children come first.
They currently have positions within all of their age groups, and are looking for dedicated, ambitious, practitioners with a sense of fun and proven experience to work with children of all ages and join their existing team of experienced child care practitioners in providing an excellent standard of care and education.
Key job elements:
To have a good knowledge of the EYFS, safeguarding and inclusion
To help structure and plan activities in support of EYFS
To use your initiative to contribute to the smooth running of the nursery
To undertake key worker responsibilities, including liaising with parents
To work with a team to ensure a caring, safe but stimulating environment for each child to progress and achieve their full potential
Your day would involve:
• Providing care for babies from 3 months up to pre-school children of age 5 (depending on room)
• Being hands on to plan and implement activities to advance the childrens learning
• Completing written observations and progress reviews to share with the childrens families and any agencies we may work with
• Ensuring the nursery runs smoothly whilst working as part of a team and using your ideas to provide a fun but learning environment for the children in your care
• Following and implementing all inclusion, safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures
• Using good communication skills to welcome everyone that comes into our nursery and build strong relationships with the children and parents
• Having lots of fun including dancing, singing and story-telling
• Sharing the dull but essential housekeeping tasks that arise during the day
You will need:
• Commitment to a career in childcare
• A qualification - level 3 or above preferred
• A passion to provide high quality childcare, and a strong sense of responsibility
• A good understanding of the EYFS to enable you to observe, plan and keep accurate records of the childrens learning
• To be creative, able to use your initiative and keen to contribute to a tight knit team
In return they provide:
• Competitive salary depending on age and experience with an annual performance review
• Ongoing training and career development opportunities
• 20 days holiday entitlement increasing annually to 25 days (plus bank holidays)
• Pension scheme with a company contribution
• Support from your fellow professionals
This nursery is open from 7.30am to 6.45pm Monday to Friday, all year.
Salary £24,000 to £28,000 gross per annum depending on qualifications
The setting do have vacancies for Level 2 in childcare.
They could also offer a 3rd in charge position based with the under 3's - Salary £27,000 to £29,000 gross per annum If you are interested in this Full Time Nursery Nurse Job in Hertfordshire, please apply now.