Case Study: Childcare for Local Authority Event
Tinies provided a crèche at a special event for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, to help to increase attendance
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) were hosting workshops in aid of International Women's Day and wanted to be able to provide childcare for the attendees on the day.
Corporate Events - Request a FREE Crèche Quote
Local authority event childcare
Type of contract
Managed Service Event. We operate the crèche provision in its entirety. This includes:
- Health & Safety
- Recruitment and deployment of staff
- Training & development
- Creating programmes for children from 0 to 5 years
- Working with marketing to engage with families
- Liaising with authorities & meeting legislation
Size of contract: One day service.
Benefits of working with Tinies
- Reputable childcare company
- Staff training and development programme with very low staff turnover
- Ability to offer more than just a crèche service
- Liaising directly with venue to fully risk assess the venue
The RBKC brief
The purpose of the crèche is to provide childcare for children of all ages to enable parents to attend workshops on the day.
Delivery: The crèche was set up with childcare provision for one day with two sessions running in the day, breaking for lunch in between.
Prior to the event the venue was fully risk assessed to check the suitability for provision of the crèche. A team of staff were handpicked who were all interviewed, DBS checked, and reference checked before the event. On the day they were dressed in the Tinies uniform (Pink Tinies polo shirt and black trousers).
The crèche was set up on the premises in two rooms with separate provisions for children under and over 2.
The under 2s room included:
- Baby area with cots, soft flooring etc.
- A large soft play area
- Alarge variety of interactive toys
- Access to baby changing facilities.
The over 2s room included:
- Story and quiet corner
- Creative zone
- Construction area
- Home corner
- Access to baby changing, potties and training seats.
The parents were given the facility of registering and pre-booking the crèche or of registering on the day for maximum flexibility.
Get in touch if you'd like a FREE corporate event crèche quote