A fun, family run Nursery school in Brentwood are looking for an energetic and positive Nursery Manager to join their busy team for maternity leave cover. This is an exciting role for someone who is bright and used to working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
We are looking for a Nursery Manager with excellent attention to detail, a high level of written and spoken English, the ability to prioritise and a fast learner, who is punctual, reliable with a high degree of professionalism.
Our main aim is to provide the highest standard of childcare, not only for the benefit of your children but also for your peace of mind. We understand that you will be putting your trust in us to care for your children, therefore it is paramount importance to us, that we provide a safe, friendly, loving and stimulating environment in which your children can develop and grow.
What we can offer you (benefits):
• Salary £33,000-£35,000 per year
• Staff events
• Pension Scheme
• 25 days annual leave with an extra 2 days off after 2 years' service
• Bank Holidays off
What we need from you:
• Full and Relevant Level 3 or above Early Years qualification
• Experience within an Early Years leadership role (ideally as a Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager, Assistant Manager or similar)
• Experience of participating with a regulatory inspection
• Experience of developing high performance teams, with effective regulatory compliance, quality improvement, delivery of high-quality pedagogy, innovation and service excellence
• Confident decision maker, with ability to support change and the understanding of the complex relationship between business/commerce and service excellence within a regulated setting
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, Child Protection, and the wider legislative requirements for working with children
• Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with colleagues, parents and external partners
Your duties will include:
• Lead our nursery teams to deliver outstanding care to all the children in your setting
• Through your inspirational leadership drive employee engagement, retention, and performance in the nursery
• Work in partnership with Recruitment and HR to ensure your nursery is fully recruited , encouraging a diverse workforce
• Role model and mentor your nursery team to ensure the highest quality early childhood practice and experience for all children, including children with special education needs and/or disabilities
• Act as Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery, holding overall responsibility for the day to day running of the nursery and management of safeguarding and child protection policies - monitoring and improving practice and behaviours that underpin our high-performance safety culture
• Work in partnership with HR to identify succession plans for the nursery team and nurture, create and continuously develop a pipeline of high performing practitioners and Room Leaders, building the strongest talent pool in the sector
• Work with the Regional Director, Finance and Marketing teams to identify and implement commercial plans and strategies to deliver FTE growth within the nursery
• Commercial delivery of the nursery performance, optimising revenue generation and cost efficiency in line with staff ratio requirements, to deliver and exceed the annual budgeted EBITDA
• Engage with the Local Authority to understand the local offer, to support practice in all areas of the nursery
If you are interested in the role, please apply now or contact [email protected]
or 0203 691 8828. If you are interested in this Full Time Nursery Manager Job in Essex, please apply now.