Setting based in Wendover are looking for an Early Years Practitioner to join their team.
They are looking for someone energetic and passionate who will work closely with the Room Leader.
Duties will include:
• Ensuring children's physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met
• Contributing to the planning and preparation of enquiry-based learning experiences
• Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
• Promoting values through all aspects of your practice and behaviour
• Contributing to the building of positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues, children and parents
• Adhering to the Policies and Procedures of the Nursery
• Maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Regular record-keeping of development and observations
• Termly assessment of children's individual development
• Developing strong working relationships with parents through daily communication of their children's experiences and learning
• Ensuring effective and positive communication within the nursery
• Offering all children equal opportunities with regards to their religion, race, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
• Positive management of children's behaviour
• Being a good role model for students and helping new staff to fit into the nursery
• Keeping accident, incident and health and safety records accurate and up to date
• Supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of milk bottles.
• Pro-active participation in professional development
• Attendance of staff meetings/team meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager/Team Manager
• Participating in termly parents' evenings, publicity, open days and children's outings
• Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Team Manager, Nursery Manager or Director.
• Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Child Care and Education or equivalent
• Experience of working with 6 months to 5 year old children
• Natural passion for working with children and developing them
• Open to new ways of thinking and adaptable to change
• Good knowledge of EYFS
• Neat and professional appearance
• Good literacy and computer literacy skills
• Professional disposition
Annual pay review and pay rise for all staff
Bonus scheme - all staff have eligibility - up to 2% of pay
Discretionary hardship fund
Team training and development
Investment in future qualifications
Management support and open door policy
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: see options below:
* 7.45am-5pm (1 hour for lunch)
* 8.15am-5.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
* 8.30am-6pm (1 hour for lunch)
Salary: £19,200 to £21,216 gross per annum depending on experience If you are interested in this Full Time Nursery Nurse Job in Buckinghamshire, please apply now.