A Nursery in Berkhamsted require aqualified Nursery Practitioner's to join their team.
They also have an opening for a room leader.
The nursery is open Monday to Friday 7.30-6.30pm - You will work on a shift rota working approx 9 hours a day including 1 hour lunch break.
1) FULL-TIME: Monday to Friday, all year round 40 hours per week, shifts range from 7.30 - 6.30pm
2) PART-TIME: 7.30am to 1.30pm, Monday to Friday, all year round
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Day Nursery.
• Work as part of the nursery team and assist in any duties required.
• Ensure that the recommended staff/child ratios are maintained at all times.
• Maintain a clean safe environment at all times and report any health and safety concerns to management team.
• Ensure records of the children's day are completed and the details communicated to parents.
• Ensure supervision at mealtimes and all dietary requirements are adhered to.
• Availability to work in any areas of the Day Nursery undertaking the care and supervision of the children and in other areas of the nursery to ensure its smooth running.
• Be a key person, to a small number of children; this involves providing a secure attachment figure to help children settle, meeting their care needs such as feeding, sleeping and nappy changes, planning for your key children's needs and interests and monitoring and supporting their development.
• Make observations on children and ensure learning journals are kept up to date.
• Actively participate in the planning of activities to suit the children's needs and stages of development, supporting and promoting individual's learning.
• Actively participate in developing displays and ideas for effective working practice within the room.
• Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with parents/carers.
• In the absence of the room leader, show willingness to maintain the smooth running of the room, by working effectively with your team.
• Attendance at the after hours staff meeting to participate in discussions about the practice of the Day Nursery.
Level 2 £22,299 gross per annum
Level 3 £24,505 gross per annum If you are interested in this Part Time Nursery Nurse Job in Hertfordshire, please apply now.