Find Au Pairs & Registered Childminders

Considering hiring an au pair or a part/full time childminder for your family?

Tinies is not an au pair agency and does not find au pairs or childminders for families in the UK. Below is a little information if you are considering these childcare options.

Get in touch if you'd like to discuss hiring a nanny, or our childcare services.

Send us your Childcare Requirements

Au pairs in the UK 

An au pair is typically a national from either a European country or from a country outside of the EEA. He or she is normally aged 17-27 and comes over to England primarily to learn English.

An au pair lives with a family

And in return for board and lodging and a small allowance she does a mixture of childcare and light housework.

She must be given the opportunity to study and should only work a maximum of 25 hours a week. She should be paid an allowance in the region of £50-150. She must not be left in sole charge of children for long periods of time.

School aged children

Au pairs should only look after children of school age, or at the most 3 years upwards. Most au pairs are very young and have little experience as childcarers.

Au pair agency

Tinies does not provide au pairs, but they can be obtained through au pair agencies. Sometimes it takes longer to find an au pair, particularly if she is still in her home country.

Tinies is happy to recommend The Childcare Company Au Pair Agency. They have a very good reputation in the au pair industry.

Childminders in the UK 

A Childminder is someone who looks after children in their own home. A childminder can work part time or full time. Whilst standards vary, lists of registered childminders are available from your local Family's Information Service.

Registered childminders

Part time and full time childminders must be registered by Ofsted and therefore you can ask to see a copy of their latest Ofsted inspection or report. Childminders in Scotland must be regulated by the Care Inspectorate.

Registered childminders work from home

Most childminders work in their own homes, sometimes with a partner or assistant. They tend to have their own children, and look after other people's children as well. Childminders are self-employed and negotiate a fee with parents for the service they provide.

Registered childminders must have had basic training and hold Public Liability Insurance. For more information visit PACEY.

Send us your childcare requirements


How to get in touch

Register as a Parent
First Name
Contact Number
Add more numbers
Need a Maternity Nurse?
quotation mark
The whole kids programme went great - we were really pleased with everything from start to finish. The crèche built a great level of confidence amongst the children.
Mike, Ataxia, Hertfordshire